Monday 14 September 2015

Sharing Summer..

I  can’t believe we are strolling into Autumn... we are not quite there just yet... I suppose you can say we are still in the transition phase... I say this because I can still have morning tea & lunch in the garden... I still wear my flip flops, white trousers, flimsy cardigans with my pretty lilac painted toe nails peeking out.... I don't think I am ready to resign Summer
to just memories it's been too glorious.

I haven't been here properly for a while, I decided it was time to share my Summer and all the pretty projects I took on, all the new groups I joined and wonderful products I have brought....

This post will be dedicated to  projects I have been working on baby blankets, over the Summer one already born and one due later on in the year (nothing to do with me) this has meant buying lots of gorgeous  wool from those lovely people @ Wool warehouse.
 I decided on two different styles, one striped using cotton yarn I am a fan of Rico cotton essentials, I drive a hard bargain when looking for crotchet yarn, this cotton doesn't split and is soft to touch & with  all the colours of the rainbow and at a decent price its a winner. I find that 120 stitch chain is perfect for a baby blanket, I crotchet fairly tight and use a 4-4.5 hook, I prefer wooden hooks but it is what I am used to.
 The other blanket is a small granny squares with wonderfully rich soft DMC Woolly this wool comes in lots of yummy colours and is beautiful to work with. This one is for the baby due later on in the year.





They will both have a pretty border... watch this space.
I have to admit that crotchet and knitting  are not a"Summer" craft, (this is just my opinion) for me it's an Autumn /Winter, heating on, in my PJ's @4 o'clock with a hot drink, snuggled in my arm chair kinda craft. 
Other projects on my work table are beautiful paper blooms of all sizes, I have been up to my ankles in card stock, Italian Crepe & Origami paper, these are all part of PinkPeonyPetals Wedding collection which I will be unveiling soon I just need to add a few tiny details and we are done.
I like to support Macmillan Nurses and previous years have held or baked for Coffee mornings, this year I made a few pots of "flowers"  to go on each table & they will be auctioned off. Good Luck for 25th September xxx






The weather has been too glorious not to have spent a few weekends frolicking on the water with the children, grandchildren and wonderful friends  @ the Lakes in Oxford finishing off the season with a Hog roast and lots of alcohol.








Sharing Summer part 2 to follow....









No comments:

Post a Comment