Thursday 17 September 2015

100 things

Looking forward to Autumn 

 Drool over the new Autumn collections for fashion & home

 Prepare myself , family and home for hibernation

 Unwrap up in all the snuggle, cosy blankets that only 10 mins ago were sucked up in a poly bag and stuffed somewhere



 Unsuck my soft comfy clothes and feel secure.

 Sort out my slow cooker and the 2000 recipes that  will see me through the coming months

I spend the last few warm days in our garden preparing the plants for their "hibernation" saying my  little goodbyes and welcoming in new  plants that will bring subtle colour to the Autumn back drop.


Knowing that September and October can often be quiet beautiful. colourful months, experiencing gorgeous golds, yellows and ochres of the colour-changing leaves on the trees.
Enjoying the rich, sweet aroma of ripe fruit; plums and figs fallen from the trees, crimson and russet apples and the opulent almost decadent , perfume of fat pears. 


Walking through country lanes along the hedgerows and on waste ground, picking plump black juicy blackberries being mindful to leave enough for all the little hedgerow creatures.




Smelling the bonfires burning all the garden waste I love this smell.


Autumn clearing my wardrobe which will involve season re cycling, layering I can cope with layers, quite often you will find me wearing a summer dress, leggings, cardigan/jumper, boots It works I promise!


Looking forward to Harvest Festival, Halloween & bonfire night, I love these evenings and of course countdown to Christmas.




I know there isn't 100 things ....

No comments:

Post a Comment