Thursday 9 July 2015

Flikr Friday Embroiderey

When I was younger, I learnt to embroider, nothing fancy mind you just the basics on Binka, Do you remember it? it was a fabric a little like Hessian with little holes in so that you could follow them and make stitches mind you it  would fray just by looking at it, lol I remember I started to make a tray cover by the time I finished it was the size of a coaster, I loved this craft, I learnt all the stitches and all the different knots that went with it, I collected beautiful jewel coloured embroidery thread.
Sadly the days of embroidery left me  until recently I had some plain fabric that I acquired from
Mr D, I  knew as soon as I saw it  was to become cushions, It dawned on me that I need to get out my embroidery hoop and start embroidering, Being a tad rusty I thought I might just stick with cross stitch for now. I will share my project with you when it's finished until then here are 6 of my favourite embroidery pieces. Please remember these pictures belong to their various owners .
Maybe these will encourage you to pick up your embroider hoop, and buy some thread and embroider
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment