Sunday 19 October 2014

Happy Halloween


I enjoy the Halloween celebration, though i do respect those who don't.

When my children were younger we always dressed for the occasion and "trick or treated our family, friends and neighbours, we never knocked after 7 pm and only to those who had decorated their porch or garden.


I love to see the little ones all dressed up, my pumpkin is always lit for them hoping they come knocking for the treats I have made up for them, I don't however like to see the teenagers behind scary rubber masks knocking on doors hoping to get a treat and not chocolate!!! and if they don't get it they chuck eggs at your door, it can only happen here. When living in Canada it was celebrated street party style everyone was involved, houses were decorated with great imagination with wonderfully scary decorations often handmade, everyone dressed up and children went safely from house to house, collecting their booty.

I wish everyone a "Happy Halloween" enjoy your evening however you choose to celebrate please remember keep safe, respect others, and if you really need to trick don't be mean.

Here are a few Halloween treats

spider cupcakes 


       ghost meringues
purple candy apples




gingerbread skeletons


  • .

No comments:

Post a Comment