Monday 1 December 2014

New Wool makes everything better

I noticed a nip in the air this morning, I will put money on the fact that  winter has  arrived and hope those pesky rain clouds have blown away.
 I don't hate Winter, in fact I find the next few months quite comforting.
Wrapping up warm and cosy makes walking pleasurable, as the evening draws in, pulling down the blinds turning on the lamps and lighting candles, warming, pulling on the pj's, cosy and snuggling under a blanket..... snugly.
@ Pink Milk: Good For The Soul
My  new wool
Winter is also a time  I love to sit with a milky hot chocolate a couple of cookies in a comfy chair and crotchet or knit, these are possibly my 2 favorite crafts of all, I do have a passion for wool  and love to learn new patterns.

I am so very happy today look what the postman dropped off a new shipment of wool. All projects that I started over the weekend have been put on hold I have to work with this now!
I am great at making the granny squares but lazy on the sewing in of the ends and the actual making up of the thing, now I have lots of squares of different sizes and patterns just begging to be made up, but the thrill of a new project and more wool is too appealing.
The squares will eventually be made in to blankets (promise).

 I have been designing this new blanket for weeks, after much thought I decided on "Dolly Mixture" colours  a mixture of cashmere,baby merino, superwash & cotton all super soft.
The squares will be a mixture of plain crotchet  & a flower square see the ones below and will have less tails to sew in .
Flickr - Coco Rose1  Colour combination
My new wooI 
DROPS afghan pattern on Ravelry

I always buy my wool from Wool Warehouse, they have a huge range of all the leading brands, they are competitively priced but the one thing that makes me happy is their postage is free when you spend £25.00 and swift delivery this is so helpful when your eager to start a new project.


I will post 2 tutorials 1 for making the flower and one for making the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment