Sunday 20 March 2016

My little garden


As the weather is getting a bit kinder a good pair of wellies and jacket and I'm enticed into the garden...
A few Sundays ago I was able to get out and tidy the pots and jet wash the decking and garden.
I planted lots of tulip bulbs last year which are beginning to appear, as I don't have grass or dirt everything is grown in containers.
My favourite plant is of course the Peony followed by Jasmine and when I'm in my studio with the window opened it feels the room with its heady scent, I can't wait but before the summer arrives there are a few jobs I need to do, one is to paint my little wooden table & 2 seats make a couple of cushions for it last year I had a pretty bird print, I fancy a change but I haven't made my mind up yet, I need to get some samples.
I like to paint my terracotta pots last year my Mother in law gave me some so they will need painting and I will look around the Charity shops and markets for some interesting containers. I would love a bench up on the decking (maybe Mr D will get me one for my birthday).
I found some wonderful ideas that are simple & cheap

 

Terracotta pot recycled into accent table

Painted pot with saucer can be used as spare tables for drinks or for plants

Cute house frames with hearts

Little wooden plaques to brighten a dull wall space.


decorative garden table accessories for outdoor entertaining


you can buy blank candle sticks from craft stores, a couple of coats of paint  group as 3 and team them with a pretty table cloth it's  perfect for your afternoon tea. 







I've been wanting to do a copycat of this Pinterest pin since last summer. All you need are some flower pots, chalk paint and a few pretty French graphics. Put them all together and voila...Frenchy flower pots!

I gave each pot a coat of Old White ASCP. I also painted a little around the inside rims but not the entire way down. I got a little lazy and if I ever actually use them for plants, it won't matter anyway.

I used decal paper to adhere the images to each pot. These can be downloaded from free image sites (but check to make sure you can use them). The Graphics Fairy is where I look first.

I might do a few more in different shades of ASCP.
(Annie Sloane chalk paint)www.anniesloane.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment